Have you ever heard the saying “communication is key”? What does that mean to you? For me as I support my clients in Unleashing their Love Life and creating lives that they love living what I’ve discovered is that communication is the key that unlocks true intimate connection. Whether you’re looking to transform your current romantic partnership, create your soul-mate relationship or even deepen your connection with family and friends…all of this exists within the act of communicating effectively.
So, for today’s #Wisdomwednesday blog message we are going to dig into communication and the action of effectively and lovely communicating.
First, let’s explore ways that you can set yourself up for success when beginning the process of communicating with another.
- Ground yourself in good intentions, whatever they may be. To discover and express the truth. To help yourself and the other person.
- Get a basic sense of what you’re looking to share. Keep the focus on your experience: thoughts, feelings, body sensations, wants, memories, images, the dynamic flow through awareness. It’s hard to argue with your experience, but easy to get into wrangles about situations, events, the past, or problem-solving.
- Be confident. Have faith in your sincerity, and in the truth itself. Recognize that others may not like what you have to say, but you have a right to say it without needing to justify it, and that saying it is probably good for your relationship.
Here are a few powerful things you can put into practice as you begin any conversation.
When you speak:
- Take a breath and settle into your body.
- Recall being with people who care about you. (This will help deepen your sense of inner strength, and warm up the neural circuits of wholeheartedness.)
- Soften your throat, eyes, chest, and heart. Try to find a sense of goodwill, even compassion, for the other person.
- Be present! The easiest way to achieve this is by recalling what you want to say and reviewing it before you share it.
- Take another cleansing breath to ensure that you are in a good energetic space before you start speaking.
- Try to stay in touch with your experience as you express it. Don’t get into any sense of persuasion, justification, defensiveness, or problem-solving. (That’s for later, if at all.) Be direct and to the point: When people truly speak from the heart, they often say what needs to be said in a few minutes or less; it’s the “case” they build up and wrap around the heart of the matter that takes all those extra words.
- Keep coming back to your foundation. You have an essential point that you’re looking to communicate, whatever it is (especially if the other person gets reactive or tries to shift the topic).
- Feel free to disengage if the other person is just not ready to hear you; maybe another time would be better. A successful experience of communicating from the heart also means NOT becoming attached to the other person to changing, but simply the act of expressing yourself.
I stand in support of healthy communication and speaking from the heart. You deserve to have the life that you would love living.
If you’re looking for a guide to support you in creating a life that you truly love, I, Donna Broadwell, CHt., CMT am here to serve. I am proud to be a Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Life Coach, Reiki Master, Teacher, and Imagery Master. I get to live my dream of abundance and specializes in serving others to experience the same! If you would love to grow and expand into new ways of living your best life feel invited to connect with me for a complimentary strategy call https://donnabroadwell.com/