Date Yourself! 5 Tips that will help you fall more in-love with yourself and prepare you for dating!
Are you feeling prepared to fall in love? Do you feel any resistance when you hear that question? It’s amazing how many people “think” they are a match for a great love and below the surface have layers within themselves that they’ve yet to explore. Now, don’t miss-understand me…I’m not saying that you have to know yourself from every nook and cranny in order to be a match for a great love…what I am saying is that you do want to be at peace within yourself to create a strong foundation for a healthy relationship.
As a Love and Relationship Coach, a Certified Hypnotherapist and Reiki Master I often have conversations with my clients about Self-Love and dating. The experience of dating should provide a platform where you can get to know someone, explore personalities, goals, and values to determine if there is a spark for a deeper connection. Dating allows you to learn about a potential partner’s likes, dislikes, background, passions and beliefs. The information that we gather during this process is the key that unlocks our ability to create a romantic bond, however, it raises an epic question — how much of dating is focused on getting to know someone else vs. getting to know yourself?
This question leads us to a fun but perhaps frightening process of dating yourself. A self- dating practice is a true gift. Especially if you newly single, grieving a breakup or divorce, attracting unhealthy partners or someone who is struggling with being single and having challenges connecting when on dates.
Dating yourself might include everything and anything from checking out a new restaurant, seeing a movie or live music, hiking, going to a spa, attending a book talk, running or taking a dance or cooking class solo. It might also include writing a gratitude note to yourself, journaling, treating yourself to a massage or cooking yourself a delicious dinner with the recipe you have been wanting to try. The point is to confidently embark on the journey of doing things that you love and creating happiness in your world without waiting for anyone (especially a partner) to do it with you or for you.
Although this idea might feel completely overwhelming at first, there are many health benefits to dating yourself.
Here are 5 tips about how dating yourself is a healthy choice:
- Dating yourself helps you to step outside your comfort zone and into healthy risk-taking mode, especially if you’re someone who tends to avoid solo or resist doing solo activities.
- Dating yourself reinforces the idea that love, and happiness start from within, teaching you to look within yourself to feel supported, encouraged and explore the love that we naturally crave. This puts less pressure on potential partners to be responsible for your happiness and health.
- Dating yourself increases your self-esteem and worthiness. As you fall deeper in love with who you are the light that you shine in the world, you’ll begin to actively value and care for yourself at a whole new level. This self-love practice will show you that you are deserving of great care and attention and helps you expect that (in a healthy way) from your future partner(s).
- Dating yourself gives you the opportunity to get to know who you are in a deeper way, bringing deep insights about what really matters to you. This knowledge is vital when in the experience of selecting a partner, as well as to be a match to attract and maintain healthy relationships with others.
- Dating yourself teaches you to be joyous when it comes to spending time alone or being independent. This will unlock another level of health in your experience of being present and then visioning your future relationships. Creating this balance will allow you to be happy with or without a partner.
If you’re feeling all in about the idea of dating yourself…think about it like this: The more fear or discomfort you have about dating yourself, the more valuable the process will be. If you find yourself anxious or worrying about judgment from others for doing activities alone, look inward, notice your thoughts and make room for those thoughts or feelings without attachment.
If you’re looking for a guide to support you in creating a life that you truly love, I, Donna Broadwell, CHt., CMT am here to serve. I am proud to be a Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Life Coach, Reiki Master, Teacher, and Imagery Master. I get to live my dream of abundance and specializes in serving others to experience the same! If you would love to grow and expand into new ways of living your best life feel invited to connect with me for a complimentary strategy call https://donnabroadwell.com/