Welcome, so let’s check in. I’m curious…how do you really feel about you?! I know…strange question, right? Here’s the thing, as we go through different challenges and experiences within our lives it can be easy if we’re not paying attention to adopt those negative experiences as “truths” about our own value. As a Love and Relationship Success Coach I have worked with so many amazing people who for a variety of different reasons do not look at themselves as sexy or self-confident!
I had the opportunity to speak with a variety of men and one common theme that I continued to hear when it comes to what turns them on about their women is…self-confidence. That’s right, there are truly men out there that are turned on by self-confidence, drive, a woman who moves passionate towards her goals and knows her value.
With that info it would seem simple enough to attract a valuable partner then…right? The difficulty we face comes back to the speed at which we can let go of old pain, self-judgments or “failures” and let our self-confidence shine through. Shine beautiful sexy you…shine!
So, if you’re feeling ready to give your self-confidence a boost and ready to claim your sexy, I have a few suggestions for how to up-level your self-confidence.
- Think positive. One of the things I share with my clients is how to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. How can you change your thoughts? You must catch them in action! Up leveling your thoughts allow for so many great things to happen. Steering your thoughts towards the positive, which seems like tiny little skill, makes a large impact. You’ll begin to train your brain to think more positive thoughts about yourself…and my goodness does it work to help expand your self-confidence.
- Kill negative thoughts. Goes together with thinking positive, but it’s so important that we speak to this as a separate item. You must learn to be aware of your negative self-talk, the thoughts you have about yourself and what you’re doing. It might sound something like “Don’t go up to that guy he’s way to handsome for you!” As soon as we recognize and separate the negative self-talk, we’ll learn a trick that changes lives: you could imagine a negative thought as a bug, and vigilantly be on the lookout for these bugs. When you catch one, visualize stomping on it and squash it. Then replace it with a positive one. (“C’mon, you can do this!”)
- Get to know yourself. When going into battle, the wisest general learns to know his enemy very, very well. You can’t defeat the enemy without knowing him. And when you’re trying to overcome a negative self-image and replace it with self-confidence, your enemy is yourself. Get to know yourself well. Start listening to your thoughts. Start writing a journal about yourself, and about the thoughts you have about yourself, and analyzing where your negative thoughts steam from. Then think about the good things about yourself, the things you can do well, the things you like. Start thinking about your limitations, and whether they’re real limitations or just ones you’ve allowed to be placed there, artificially. Dig deep within yourself, and you’ll come out (eventually) with even greater self-confidence.
- Act positive. More than just thinking positive, you must put that positivity into action. Action steps are the key to developing self-confidence. It’s one thing to learn to think positive, but when you start acting on it, you change yourself, one action at a time. You are what you do, and so if you change what you do, you change what you are. Act in a positive way, act instead of telling yourself you can’t, be positive. Talk to people in a positive way, put energy into your actions. You’ll soon start to notice a difference.
- Be kind and generous. Know that being kind to others, and generous with yourself and your time is a tremendous way to improve your self-image. You act in accordance with the Golden Rule, and you start to feel good about yourself, and you’ll believe that you are worthy and have the values of a good person. It does wonders for your self-confidence, believe me.
Remember, you are enough! You deserve your great love. As a gift to you I have included a link to download a Self Confidence Guided Meditation. Click here to download your meditation now.
If you’re looking for a guide to support you in creating a life that you truly love, I, Donna Broadwell, CHt., CMT am here to serve. I am proud to be a Certified Hypnotherapist, Certified Life Coach, Reiki Master, Teacher, and Imagery Master. I get to live my dream of abundance and specializes in serving others to experience the same! If you would love to grow and expand into new ways of living your best life feel invited to connect with me for a complimentary strategy call.